We present the information on this page as a generalized, educational overview. Specific details below regarding treatment protocols may not reflect the protocols utilized by Compass Recovery.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you would like to learn more about Compass Recovery and our individualized programs for those struggling with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders.
Take the Compass Recovery “Am I an Alcoholic" Test
- Do you try to avoid family or close friends while you are drinking?
- Do you drink when you are disappointed, stressed or have had an argument with someone?
- Do you drink more alcohol now than when you first started to drink?
- Have you ever been told you did or said something and you can’t remember?
- Do you have 1 or 2 drinks before meeting up with other people for the evening?
- Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable if alcohol is not available?
- Do you ever drink in the morning to stop the shakes?
- Do you drink alcohol to go to sleep?
- Do you sometimes feel a little guilty about drinking?
- Has a family member or close friend expressed concern or complained about your drinking?
- Do you often want to continue drinking after your friends say they’ve had enough?
- Do you usually have a reason for the occasions when you drink heavily?
- When you’re sober, do you sometimes regret things you did or said while drinking?
- Have you sometimes failed to keep promises you made to yourself about controlling or cutting down on your drinking?
- Have you ever had a DWI (driving while intoxicated) or DUI (driving under the influence of alcohol) violation or any other legal problem related to your drinking?
- Has drinking alcohol affected your ability to work, take care of your family or be accountable at home?
- Has your physician ever advised you to cut down on your drinking?
- Have you recently noticed that you can’t drink as much as you used to?
- After periods of drinking do you sometimes see or hear things that aren’t there?
- Do you ever feel depressed or anxious before, during, or after drinking alcohol?