We present the information on this page as a generalized, educational overview. Specific details below regarding treatment protocols may not reflect the protocols utilized by Compass Recovery.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you would like to learn more about Compass Recovery and our individualized programs for those struggling with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders.
Treating Heroin Addiction
- Dullness of physical sensation or decreased pain receptors
- Being “on the nod” (slipping in and out of consciousness)
- Heaviness in your extremities
- Warmth or flush feeling of your skin
- Decreased mental acuity
- Dry mouth
- Irreversible damage to vital organs such as the liver, kidneys, heart, and lungs
- Damage to teeth and gums
- Loss of appetite
- Sexual performance issues
- Increased risk of infection
- Intense scratching, leading to skin wounds